Re: IIS inetpub folder

Thanks Bernard.

"Bernard Cheah [MVP]" <qbernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uzADBqUBGHA.4076@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The inetpub folder permission ? well, as long as the IIS user has
> permissions over it, I don't see any issue. E.g. if it allow anonymous
> access, then make sure anonymous account has at least READ permission.
> Next, I can understand why you want to put all web files in a share
> drives, but for mailroot, I would suggest to leave it on the machine
> itself.
> As for the permission, again the user need to have CHANGE permission.
> Refer the following KB, it shows the permissions needed.
>
> Runtime Error '800a0046' Using the Send Method of CDONTS.NewMail
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197619
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://www.iis-resources.com/
> http://www.iiswebcastseries.com/
> http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/
>

> <rvegas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I have a webserver running IIS 6.0. All the sites are stored on a network
>>share. Can I change the permissions on the Inetpub folder to only allow
>>admin access? What NTFS permissions do i need to set on the mailroot
>>folder so that sites can send mail to the queue through cdonts?
>> Thanx

  • Re: IIS inetpub folder
    ... as long as the IIS user has ... then make sure anonymous account has at least READ permission. ... again the user need to have CHANGE permission. ... Can I change the permissions on the Inetpub folder to only allow ...
  • Re: Item-Level Permission for Issue List
    ... it is different to set edit rights in "Change ... permission for this list" and in "Item-level Permission". ... When we use "Change permission for this list", it only set the edit ...
  • Re: Windows 2000 Pro Permissions Questions
    ... > assistant, Mic, has shared a local directory called Data on a Windows ... Jody has just added a user to the domain and has ... The user will have Change permission to the files located in the ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Windows 2000 Pro Permissions Questions
    ... workstations. ... The user will have Change permission to the files ... The user will have the assigned local permission for ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Pro Permissions Questions
    ... Jody has just added a user to the ... The user will have Change permission to the files ... The user will have the assigned local permission for ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)