Re: Public IP as Relay?

From: Miha Pihler [MVP] (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 11/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:05:07 +0100

About services... block everything to your server that is not needed from
the internet. E.g. if you will only serve websites on this server only open
TCP port 80 and block access to all other services running on the server
(e.g. in your case SMTP and there are others running on the server by
default).

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
"Eduardo T" <edemail@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried using 127.0.0.1, but it didn't work.
>
> The production server this will eventually be used on is sitting behind
> the Windows 2003 server firewall and a hardware firewall.  What types
> of services do you have in mind that I should look out for?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Downloading critical updates.
    ... As SUS server needs nothing except ports Tcp 80/443 available ... >> Roger Abell ... >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cant get email from suddenlink into Windows mail since Vista
    ... with "Windows Security" than Mcafee or suddenlink, ... make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, ... POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, ... Secure: No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: XP Client cant joing 2003 Domain
    ... Open DNS MMC on your Windows Server and right click on the name of the ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... can you open DNS MMC and check which Forward Lookup Zones ...
  • RE: ASP.NET -> SQL Server : Impersonation not working!
    ... switch to kerberos authentication and enable creditials forwarding. ... "The .NET Developer's Guide to Windows Security" ... Microsoft Online Support ... | XP, promoted it to the server, only ...
  • Re: How is dangerous connect to server over internet with remote d
    ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... if I am not mistaken MITM problem was solved when Windows Server 2003 SP1 ... Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Protocol Could Lead to Denial of ...
    (microsoft.public.security)