Re: SSL info

From: Miha Pihler [MVP] (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 11/22/05

    Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:03:31 +0100

    I don't think this would be best solution since Rahul wants to set up
    on-line shop.

    My suggestion would be to have multiple sites under one name -- e.g.
    www.domain.com or shop.domain.com. Alternatives would be to have different
    names and only provide SSL when checking out the order and filling out user
    information. You could set up such site under name secure.domain.com and run
    all other sites that don't require security without SSL.

    --
    Mike
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
    "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > setup your own CA
    >
    > <rahul_2065@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to buy SSL certicates cheaper from somewhere? I want to
    >> use it for multiple sites and don't want the hassle of going through
    >> whole of the procedure all over again.Thanks.

    • Re: SSL info
      ... "About SSL" from Rahul on ... >> My suggestion would be to have multiple sites under one name -- e.g. ... >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ...
    • AD replication - IP site to site encryption?
      ... multiple sites with one DC in each site. ... Replication between DC's will be over IP without a VPN, ... LDAP over SSL via certificates or a hardware VPN solution. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)