Re: Securing Web Database

From: Bob Barrows [MVP] (reb01501_at_NOyahoo.SPAMcom)
Date: 11/01/05

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:05:33 -0500

Prabhat wrote:
> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote in message
>> Prabhat wrote:
>>> How Can I restrict the database to be access directly from web?
>>> Please suggest all alternatives that I can opt for.
>> The most common, and most effective, solution is to put the database
>> outside
>> of the wwwroot folder. There is no need to have it in the web folder
>> where it can be browsed to.
> OK Thanks for that. But keeping the DB outside the web share folder
> will require any user privilage settings?
If using Anonymous, then the IUSR and IWAM accounts will require modify
access to the folder containing the database. otherwise, all users will
require that level of permission.

Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

  • RE: Scecli and jet database event 1005 and 1202 repeating
    ... This issue occurs if the local Group Policy database file is corrupt. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Open the %SystemRoot%\Security folder, create a new folder, and then ...
  • Re: Exchange database growing rapidly
    ... But I am almost out of resources, the disk with the database installed is ... perform the similar process for Public Folder store. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ...
  • Re: Is This Possible ... ? Yes - Upload images to an Access database
    ... It looks like your databases folder is outside the root of your web ... I created a database exactly as you said, the only change I made was to ... and underneath an 'upload' button and a 'view images' button. ... Dim con As New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ...
  • Re: Have database mismatch, can I move NTDS.dit and Exchange to new identical server?
    ... Check the physical location of the Winnt\NTDS\ folder. ... Check the permissions on the \Winnt\NTDS folder. ... as it may not be the database that is the ... MCSA + Exchange ...
  • RE: Sharepoint Backup & Restore
    ... even you have moved the Sharepoint database to another location. ... You can delete the $NtUninstallxxxxxx$ folder to free up space. ... Perform an online backup of the Exchange 2003 Information Store to purge ...