Re: iis 6 and

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/09/05

    Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 03:15:40 -0700

    Start by reporting the log entry for that failing request from:
    %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\LogFiles\W3SVC#\*.log

    To run ASP, all you need to do is:
    1. Install IIS6 with no errors
    2. Enable ASP in WebServiceExtensions
    3. Enable at least "Scripts" Execute Permission

    If that does not work, then your system probably has some sort of arbitrary
    misconfiguration not originating from IIS that you need to resolve. Since it
    is arbitrary misconfiguration, I have no idea what it is.

    There is no way for us to provide you a list of "do these things and it is
    guaranteed to work" because there are always arbitrary misconfigurations and
    exceptions. All we can ensure is that default installation works. What you
    do afterwards is basically your responsibility.

    For example, if your machine is in a domain, there may be domain policy in
    effect that screws up various security/permissions on your server for
    "security" reasons, so you need to figure out what the Policy did and how to
    reverse it.

    --
    //David
    IIS
    "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I installed IIS 6 on W2K3 server and enabled asp and asp.net in web service
    extentions. I created a simple test.asp that will display "hello world"
    message and copied it to c:\inetpub\wwwroot. Now, http://myserver loads the
    iisstart.htm page but http://myserver/test.asp doesn't load. I have enabled
    anonymous access, I tried even with IUSR_myserver account adding to
    administrators group with no luck.
    The error message is 500 internal server error. I checked permissions for
    IIS_WPG group and all user rights assignemnts. What could be the problem ?
    Are any additional permissions needed for asp to load under iis6 ?
    Thanks.
    --
    MT

    • RE: Running IIS locally - advice?
      ... If it is going to be used for local access only the apache ... The ASP compatibility can be provided by eg. Sun Chilisofts ... >>locally to laptops. ... >>2) Install a personal Firewall, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Absolute Beginner
      ... The order IIS and the .NET Framework are installed are critically important. ... > notepad text files to asp). ... > If you installed IIS to the c:\ drive (did you install IIS before you ...
    • Re: testing ASP pages with Windows Front Page
      ... justification for XP Pro. ... > server-side scripting, such as ASP, ASP.net, PHP, etc. ... >> had to install Personal Web Server to it in order to do the job. ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.addins)
    • Re: SQLCE, ADOCE, OLEDB, WinCE 5.0, ASP, Web?
      ... > a SQLCE database running on WinCE 5.0 from the web using ASP or any other ... > every attempt I have made to install it has failed. ... > problem is that OLEDB does seem to work in ASP like ADOCE did. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
    • Re: Cant debug ASP in VS2005 beta 2
      ... If you set a break-point on an ASP page and run the site in debug mode, ... I did file a bug on the Visual Studio Feedback site, but as yet, I have not ... and who refuse to install the .NET framework. ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)