Re: 500: Server Error [Access Denied]

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 09/04/05

    Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:52:06 GMT

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:38:12 -0700, "Shane Roberts" <Shane
    Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am the Sysadmin and IIS Support
    >
    >The error above is with “Show friendly http messages” unchecked in the
    >browser settings. Otherwise it just gives an Internal Server 500 error.
    >
    >Two servers contain exact copies of the website and are load balanced by BigIP
    >
    >Servers are not members of any domain, all local permissions, they are DMZ
    >web servers only, Internet facing.
    >
    >Windows 2000 Server, SP4
    >
    >IIS 5.1
    >
    >No DNS, everything is in local Host file and routing tables
    >
    >Website uses .NET, ASP.NET (I’m not the developer and don’t know much about
    >the code)
    >
    >Website uses Siteminder for client authentication and talks to a back-end
    >Sybase database
    >
    >Internet customers browse to a login page, login and click hyperlinks to
    >access data (read-only), there is no data input. As users click these
    >hyperlinks they receive the error above. Not all the time, sometimes all the
    >time, sometimes hardly at all.
    >
    >There are no errors reported in the Siteminder agent log on either web server
    >There are no 500 errors reported in the IIS logs for the website on either
    >server
    >There are no events in the event viewer on either server
    >
    >If it were NTFS permissions I think it wouldn’t work all the time
    >
    >At my work I can duplicate very fast the same error the external customers
    >get.
    >At home it takes me many, many tries to get the error
    >I can’t seem to get the error local on the web server, at least not yet
    >(maybe just luck?)
    >
    >I can’t seem to locate where this error is coming from so it can be fixed.
    >
    >Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas are VERY much appreciated.

    Does BigIP share sessions across the cluster? Best guess is it
    doesn't, at least isn't in your case.

    Jeff

    • Re: SBS mit Isa-Server erricht Webseite von internen Clients nicht
      ... mach mal ein ipconfig /flushdns auf dem Client und auf dem Server. ... MVP ISA Server ... Browser auf dem Server kann man nun die Website anzeigen und im ... Regel: SBS Internet Acess Rule ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)
    • Re: Can I run an Internet web server from a Win2K computer?
      ... You can deffinately run an internet website from IIS on Windows 2000 ... HTTP connections on port 80 to the computer hosting the website ... I'm trying to use the web server that comes with Windows 2000 ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • RE: varius DNS issues
      ... The server name for the internal web site is stealthcor01 and the internal ... internal DNS but I am not sure what. ... and see if you can contact the website and where the connection falls down. ... If your AD domain and internet domain are the same that will almost ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: dns questions
      ... or for that fact not even in the same DNS tree. ... >website by only its domain name, ... Internet, I don't see this as an issue. ... >the web server, domain members will look to the web server for the SYSVOL ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
      ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)