Re: IIS Safari

From: Tom Pepper Willett (tompepper_at_mvps.invalid)
Date: 08/17/05

    Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:32:49 -0500

    Windows Authentication is exclusive to IE.

    "ReifMU" <reifscjm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | Is it possible to use integrated windows authentication with the Safari
    | browser? I have been able to get basic authentication to work, but the
    | entire point of the site i am working on is to not have to type in any
    | password or username at all. All authentication should be done behind
    | the scenes using IIS. Any thoughts / advice?

    • Re: Windows Authentication question
      ... That's still possible even if you use integrated Windows authentication. ... configured not to pass the client user credentials or because the client ... logon dialog by the browser. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: Windows Authentication question
      ... That's still possible even if you use integrated Windows authentication. ... configured not to pass the client user credentials or because the client ... logon dialog by the browser. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
    • Re: MOSS via Citrix?
      ... Usually if that happens on your desktops are connected to the network, ... you need to add your portal to the intranet zone in your browser. ... way it'll use your windows authentication to log in to the site. ... authentication for credentials when they hit the sharepoint page? ...
    • auth_user is lying ?
      ... trying to achieve windows authentication on the fly (without the file ... configured to deny anonymous access in IIS) ... but after closing the browser and re-opening it and requesting the same page ...
    • Different behavior for Windows Authentication with same app
      ... I have an asp.net app that uses windows authentication. ... In the browser if I enter: ... (machine.config, web.config or IIS)? ...