Re: Application pool doesn't start with domain account

From: John Bailey (JohnBailey_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/15/05

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:41:10 -0700

I have the same issue. I set the permissions you specified for the domain
account, but am still getting the same error.

"Ken Schaefer" wrote:

> - Ensure that the username/password are supplied correctly in the Web App
> Pool properties dialogue
> - Ensure that the user account in question has the following NT rights on
> the IIS box:
>
> - Replace a Process Level Token (SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege)
> - Adjust Memory Quotas for a process (SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege)
> - Generate Security Audits (SeAuditPrivilege)
> - Bypass Traverse Checking (SeChangeNotifyPrivilege)
> - Access this computer from a network (SeNetworkLogonRight)
> - Logon as a Batch Job (SeBatchLogonRight)
> - Logon as a Service (SeInteractiveLogonRight)
> - Allow Logon Locally (SeInteractiveLogonRight)
>
> (those are the rights that Network Service has by default, so that should be
> enough for a custom account)
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
> Web: www.adopenstatic.com
>

> "Paul Williams [MVP]" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : Cross-posting into the IIS group for additional help...
> :
> : --
> : Paul Williams
> : Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services
> : http://www.msresource.net | http://forums.msresource.net
> :
> :
> : "Davide" <18277invalid@mynewsgate.net> wrote in message
> : news:2005080508281918277@mynewsgate.net...
> : Hi,
> : I have a network of 3 server ( windows 2003 server ) : A, B, C
> :
> : A is e domain controller with active directory
> :
> : B is a server of domain where is installed IIS 6.0
> :
> : I Would like to start an application pool over a WebSite of B with an
> : identity of domain and not as "Network Service"
> :
> : So, I created an user on active directory ( _usrsvc ) that's member of
> : Administrator of domain, of Domain Admins, of Domain Users and of
> : IIS_WPG, but when I start up the website I receive this message in
> : event viewer :
> :
> : "The identity of application pool 'SmartAppPool' is invalid, so the
> : World Wide Web Publishing Service can not create a worker process to
> : serve the application pool. Therefore, the application pool has been
> : disabled."
> :
> : What permission user of domain must have to start application pool?!
> : Thank and sorry for my English ;)
> :
> :
> :
> :

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... central admin pool different than the web app. ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...
  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... already have the application pool delegated rights to the OU. ... In my experience it is because you didn't quite delegate enough rights to ... the account in the OU. ...
  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... I too am worried about giving the app pool (and remember, ... local admin rights to the server hosting incoming email. ... If your app pool account is also the farm account, ...
  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... Go to the OU in security/advanced I added my sharepoint application pool ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... Now I understand that you have given the account "full rights" of the OU, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...
  • Re: Server Application Unavailable
    ... password supplied in the processModel section of the config file ... directory allow access to the configured account. ... You can find the application pool in the properties of the website and/or virtual directory that contains the site you're trying to get to run. ... Read/write rights in the ASP.NET Temporary Files under the framework directory ...