Re: secure ftp

From: Miha Pihler [MVP] (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 07/16/05

Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:05:45 +0200

Hi,

IIS does not support SSL, but there are some 3rd party products that do
support it.

You might want to consider WebDAV...

Securing FTP Sites with IIS 6.0 (IIS 6.0)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/7b4bdad5-9a0a-4bf6-8b00-41084b783e20.mspx

Note, beside setting up SSL protected FTP server you will also need to use
FTP client that knows how to use SSL (not all of them know how...)...

Some of the 3rd party tools that I have used and worked very well for me
were Serv-U http://www.serv-u.com/.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
<param@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to setup secure FTP in IIS 6? Ideally using SSL? If so, how
> can I do it? I dont see any options in the IIS control panel for the ftp
> site.
>
> TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL and FTP
    ... Information About the IIS File Transmission Protocol (FTP) Service ... you might want to read more info about SSL and Ftp ... > How do you set up secure FTP with ssl on IIS 5.0 on a W2K> box? ...
  • Re: FTP verschlüsseln
    ... > Windows XP Verschlüsselt also mit SSL Zertifikat über Port ... > Für die Standardwebsite habe ich die SSL Verschlüsselung ... > Nur für den FTP Dienst habe ich keine Option gefunden die ... Mit dem IIS geht das nicht. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: Securing FTP?
    ... You may want to look at using Glub Tech's Secure FTP Wrapper. ... FTP SSL proxy that sits in front of your existing IIS FTP server. ...
  • Secure FTP
    ... Somebody knows if the FTP Server of IIS 6.0 can use FTPS, that is FTP + SSL ... Maika ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: SSL broken after Windows 2003 upgrade
    ... The svchost.exe you reference is "IIS". ... routes them to the appropriate w3wp.exe based on configuration from WAS ... WFetch can make both a normal SSL request as well as a Client-Certificate ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)