IIS 5 file level security

From: andrena (andrena.1s4oty_at_no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au)
Date: 07/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:40:00 +0200

    Probably simple question but: I need to have a logon and password screen
    popup when a couple particular files are accessed on a website. I am
    using Server 2000 and IIS 5.

    Here is the site and an example of how it should work, click on "client
    1": http://www.hohneng.com/clientdata/clientdata.htm

    Currently a third party program (Sambar Server) is enabling this
    functionality, but I'm phasing this program out.

    I am a novice user and appreciate detailed instructions or reference
    materials.

    Thanks in advance

    --
    andrena
    andrena's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=417

    • Re: How do I?
      ... > Possibly a third party program. ... I can do it in email with Pegasus Mail. ... A website not necessary, but you ... ~Fin dein a loluca, ...
    • Re: Avast critical update email notice
      ... PaulMaudib wrote: ... third party program. ... Try going to their website or group and ask ... Your post is rather pathetic and almost comical coming ten hours after the original post and after four people responded to the OP. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: How do I?
      ... >> I believe you need a website, but someone else would know better. ... >> Possibly a third party program. ... En dragu a sei lain ...
    • Re: How do I?
      ... Frank showed me how to do it, but thanks for answering my post. ... >a third party program. ... it will take them to whatever website I wanted them to go to. ... >> you to the Microsoft website anyway. ...