Re: IIS Crashes at regular interval of time - Urgent

From: news.microsoft.com (noman_at_nomail.com)
Date: 07/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:25:13 +0530

Hi Sparky,
I get Service control error message in the event viewer. IIS crashes and
restarts this will happens due to router reset ??

No Taskscheduler or xcopy was working by that time.

On monitoring the task manager no suspections happens but suddenly my remote
get cut from the server.
Any other clue sparky.

Thank you so much for your effort.

Cheers,
Shiva.
"Sparky Polastri" <jafiwam@MuNGEDyahoo.com> wrote in message

> "news.microsoft.com" <noman@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> My IIS 5.0 server(Win2k sp4) crashes at regular interval of time daily
>> once. for example everyday by 1.00 am my webserver crashes and it
>> restarts automactically after 5 mins for past one week. I have stopped
>> the antivirus, I have updated all the latest updates. i also downloaded
>> debugdiag.exe but the report generated by the debugdaig iam unable to
>> interpret the reports. Help me how to proceed further and resolve this
>> issue.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shiva.
>>

> Aside from the other thread branches, check;
>
> 1) is it the IIS process or just you connectivity? You might have a
> router or something between you and it that is reset at that time. (Some
> cable and phone companies do that sometimes.)
>
> 2) is there anything in the task scheduler that runs at about that time?
> Some file copy activities can slow down or cause IIS to stop being able to
> serve requests. (I did that with a batch file running xcopy a couple
> times.)
>
> You might want to log into the console at the time the crash happens and
> use task manager and perfmon to see if you can spot anything.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: random IIS stops and restarts
    ... You will see 1 a restart command followed by 2 a stop command over and over ... If you are seeing events about some of the other IIS services terminating ... random IIS stops and restarts ... it just happened again on a second server yesterday. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: random IIS stops and restarts
    ... have terminated their child process and IIS has restarted unexpectedly. ... random IIS stops and restarts ... A system Error event is logged for each IIS process as it is ... > posted to Neohapsis back in May for MS03-019 regarding Windows Media ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IIS Warm Up Period
    ... did not think of the idea to use IPSECCMD to block the requests! ... occurs on IIS 6) and the IIS server shuts down the process. ... request your webpages to invoke custom code. ... Regular restarts of IIS or the OS are ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)