Re: Securing IIS 6

From: My Last Sigh (
Date: 07/09/05

    Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:56:23 -0700

    URLScan is not pertinent to IIS 6. Mime tyupes are handled differently in
    IIS 6.

    "TagaR" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Do I have to use URLScan or IIS lockdown on my W2k3 IIS 6?
    > I would also appreciate if there are links available that I can read to
    > secure my IIS.
    > Thanks
    > TagaR

    • Re: How to script the creation of new SMTP virtual domains?
      ... could simply clone what appeared to be the pertinent section, then restart ... IIS or SMTP. ...
    • Re: ASP.NET 2.0 maximum URL length?
      ... explicitly installed on my IIS7/Vista system? ... URLScan - an add-on tool I have not installed. ... It's a recommended install for IIS 4.0 and 5.0, ...
    • Re: Restrict by UserAgent
      ... Performance concerns for the Apache solution is real because in that case, ... I would not automatically assume that the same caveat affects IIS ... > Well, after going through the available documentation on URLScan 2.5, it ... Apache cannot do this without using a custom module which happens to ...
    • Re: URLscan problem
      ... I did indeed restart the IIS server after ... I took a look at the URLscan log files and found my ... >URLscan seems to be causing a problem with public folder ...
    • RE: IIS 5 Log FIle Question
      ... IIS 5 Log FIle Question ... Below is a snippet from the logs. ... Does the fact the it says <Rejected by urlscan> imply ... This E-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses before delivery. ...