iis + win2k adv server problem

From: Pohihihi (pohihihi_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/29/05

    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:51:22 GMT

    Hello NG,

    I am running IIS on Win2k Adv Server + SP4 + .Net framework 1.1

    my problem is as following --

    I have default website and some other sites on the same iis (with diff port
    numbers)
    We have a domain but this server is not a part of any domain but on same
    network (intranet)
    When I try to access the default site (e.g. http://WebServer) it works just
    fine from any other computer
    but when I try to access any other sites on same IIS (e.g.
    http://WebServer:8080) it shows a NT login form.

    Now I guess that it has to do something with ACL or the web.config file. I
    have tried all the possible solutions given on web and on online help but I
    still see that NT login form. Note that it let me see the site if I enter
    the details of user account on my WebServer but I want others to see this
    intranet site without going through this login process.

    Thank you for the help in advance.

    Po.

    • Re: Mutliple Websites in same domain space.
      ... We want to add an OWA (Outlook Web Access) site ... >> I am a extreme novice to IIS, so pardon me if this is a stupid question. ... >> Our company has and intranet site that we use to keep track of clients, ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: Getting IIS on an Intranet
      ... > little intranet site I've made with .NET. ... If it's Windows 2000, then it's IIS 5. ... on a network and waits for requests for things from network clients. ... Is there a firewall running on the machine? ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: Mutliple Websites in same domain space.
      ... to your DNS records. ... > I am a extreme novice to IIS, so pardon me if this is a stupid question. ... > Our company has and intranet site that we use to keep track of clients, ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: local IIS not getting form data
      ... >I have a website on a shared hosting service. ... >which I have set up to run locally on IIS on my home machine. ... >(even the login form) the data is not received by the target page. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: Windows Authentification for network ressources
      ... > I have disabled anonymous access on an intranet site ... > because I want people to be authentificate to view this ... IIS does not ask for a ...