Re: Trying to understand this behavior, Ports in IIS

From: David Wang [Msft] (
Date: 06/26/05

    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:36 -0700

    Well, the issue could be with your:
    1. Checkpoint firewall
    2. network devices between the firewall and ISA Server
    3. ISA Server
    4. network devices between ISA Server and IIS
    5. IIS server

    Can you please describe the steps you took to determine that issues #1
    through #4 were not happening, thus it must be #5 that is causing the
    strange behavior?

    Given your current information, the issue seems to be with the Checkpoint

    "Marlon Brown" <> wrote in message
    Correct. It should work over 443, but then the connection from client to
    server was successful only upon opening port 8080 in the firewall. This is
    the part I can't understand.