Re: Anonymous access not working

From: Mike (announ_at_tkd.net)
Date: 06/07/05

Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:22:49 -0400

Yes, based on the patterns and practices on how to set up a custom account
to run as ASP.NET. I added my custom account to the IIS_WPG group and
applied the permissions to that group. In order to have anonymous access,
who should be in that group besides my custom account?

"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> Does the IIS_WPG (or Network Sevice, or whatever account ASP.NET is
> configured to impersonate) have appropriate NTFS permissions to the actual
> files on the server's hard disk?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> --
> IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
> Web: www.adopenstatic.com
>

> "Mike" <announ@tkd.net> wrote in message
> : All,
> :
> : We have a .NET application running on Windows 2003/IIS 6.0. I set up the
> : application pool account with the network service account and have allow
> : anonymous set for the web site. It is using the iusr machine account. In
> : order for us to access data from our SQL Server we impersonate the
> ASPNET
> : with a domain account so we can use windows authentication between the 2
> : servers.
> :
> : The problem is that when we try to access the web site, we are prompted
> with
> : a challenge response. Even if I remove the impersonate=true from the
> : web.config, we still get prompted for user id and password.
> :
> : What am I missing?
> :
> : Thanks
> : --
> : Mike Gasperino
> : Sr. Software Developer
> : office: 919-807-2310
> :
> :
> : E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
> North
> : Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third
> : parties
> :
> :
> :

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Management Point not available
    ... > configured the Default Web Site within IIS 6 to use port 8080. ... Manually restart the SMS Agent Host service on the MP. ... MP encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server. ... If using a standard SQL security account, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: SQL Connection String using Domain Account
    ... Web.Config but now have the problem that the web site will not run under ... you can have a username/password set up in sql server - but this would ... The DBA has given me a Domain user account with rights to ... I am unable to get a connection to the database. ...
  • Re: Proxy Management Point Problem
    ... Manually restart the SMS Agent Host service on the MP. ... MP encountered an error when connecting to SQL Server. ... If using a standard SQL security account, ... The Default Web Site is disabled in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: IIS & SQL Issues
    ... you've misunderstood what integrated authentication is. ... have been given access to the folder the web site files are stored in may ... to run under the account you created for it. ... In Sql Server add the same account you created for the web site to run ...
  • Anonymous access not working
    ... application pool account with the network service account and have allow ... anonymous set for the web site. ... order for us to access data from our SQL Server we impersonate the ASPNET ...