IIS Install

From: Ron (Ron_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/05

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 05:53:11 -0700

Hi,

I am in the process of configuring my IIS server and have some questions.
OS will be Win2k3 and will be hosting ASP.Net applications from the box.
My server currently has two drive configurations Raid-1 and Raid-5.
I have placed the OS in the Raid-1 configuration and will place IIS on the
Raid-5 configuration.

I will install IIS using a Unattended type installation, this way i can
place the Inetpub in a location of my choosing.
I want to keep the OS isolated from all applications.

My question is can this be done with FrontPage Server 2002 Extensions as well?
FPSE is installed in the following default location i would like to change
this to a partition other than the root OS.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\

Thanks,
Ron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Web Workplace logon problem
    ... After you restore metabase from another computer, it will copy all IIS ... configuration information from that ... You can also try reinstall monitoring component by following these steps. ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click Change/Remove. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: More than One
    ... As for ASP.NET 2.0 web application hosting in IIS website, ... single virtual directory which is configured as "Application"(have ... each application's runtime configuration collection are ... we suggest deploy separate applications (haven't particular ...
  • Re: Server a disaster .. need to manually save mailboxes
    ... MS Exchange IMAP4 ... MetaBase Agent has determined that IIS is running in IIS 5 Isolation ... Exchange server requires that IIS 6 is using Worker Process ... configuration from IIS 5 Isolation mode to Worker Process Isolation ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ADFS
    ... as the redirect to the federation server will end ... IIS configuration for the resource application, but it sounds like the trust ... Also remember that your app must use https, not http, so make sure you have ...
  • Re: Installing IIS
    ... I have my firewall turned off, so this shouldn't affect any of the ports. ... Cannot find server or DNS Error ... I don't understand - what does "browse to my web page from IIS" mean? ... The current configuration only supports loading images ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)