Re: Wilcard Cert and Site Identifier number

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com.discuss)
Date: 05/26/05

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:01:33 +0800

Arghh.. now I get you. As pointed out in my blog.
That's will be your site ID... and this is pure host header + SSL (NOT
wildcard host header + ssl)

In IIS6, try 'iisweb /query' at command prompt to list out all the site
info.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"mizer" <mizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bernard,
>
> According to the following document, I can use host-headers and a wildcard
> certificate in Win2K3 and IIS 6.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/596b9108-b1a7-494d-885d-f8941b07554c.mspx
>
> However, it requires that I be able to enter the site identifier number to
> attach the host-header to the correct website. Does this make any sense to
> you?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Thanks for your time,
> Mizer
>

> "Bernard" wrote:
>
>> site identifier ? what for ?
>> See if this help -
>> http://msmvps.com/bernard/archive/2005/05/25/48852.aspx
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bernard Cheah
>> http://www.microsoft.com/iis/
>> http://www.iiswebcastseries.com/
>> http://www.msmvps.com/bernard/
>>

>> "mizer" <mizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am trying to setup a Wildcard Server Certificate on my web server. I
>> > have
>> > obtained the certificates and installed them. Each of these sites is
>> > using
>> > host headers and I need to find the site identifier number.
>> >
>> > How can I find this number?
>> > --
>> > Thanks for your time,
>> > Mizer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wildcard SSL Implementation
    ... > SSL cert then it'll work. ... likely works, no host header concept. ... >: Bernard Cheah ... >:> You can't use host headers with SSL ...
  • Re: IIS Disable SSL on website
    ... SSL doesn't click with host header. ... Bernard Cheah ... "Al Mundy" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.misc)
  • Re: Multiple SSL certs on a single server IIS 6.0
    ... > Bernard Cheah [MVP] wrote: ... >> SSL ... >> host header is possible. ...
  • Re: MS IIS Internal IP Address/Hostname Vulnerability
    ... Since I have no real explanatiion why the vulnerability suddenly showed up ... "Bernard Cheah " wrote: ... you can 'twist' this by setting the related host header. ... >>> Regards, ...
  • Re: 2 Websites & 2 Certificates on 1 IIS Server
    ... Use Host Header Names to Host Multiple Sites from One IP Address in ... "Ibnu" wrote in message ... but the same port number. ... >> Bernard Cheah ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)