Re: Wilcard Cert and Site Identifier number

From: mizer (mizer_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:39:01 -0700

    Bernard,

    According to the following document, I can use host-headers and a wildcard
    certificate in Win2K3 and IIS 6.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/596b9108-b1a7-494d-885d-f8941b07554c.mspx

    However, it requires that I be able to enter the site identifier number to
    attach the host-header to the correct website. Does this make any sense to
    you?

    Thanks,

    --
    Thanks for your time,
    Mizer
    "Bernard" wrote:
    > site identifier ? what for ?
    > See if this help -
    > http://msmvps.com/bernard/archive/2005/05/25/48852.aspx
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bernard Cheah
    > http://www.microsoft.com/iis/
    > http://www.iiswebcastseries.com/
    > http://www.msmvps.com/bernard/
    >

    > "mizer" <mizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am trying to setup a Wildcard Server Certificate on my web server. I
    > > have
    > > obtained the certificates and installed them. Each of these sites is using
    > > host headers and I need to find the site identifier number.
    > >
    > > How can I find this number?
    > > --
    > > Thanks for your time,
    > > Mizer

    • Re: Potential Bug: IE 7 and SSL certificate handling.
      ... Arguably, however, the RFC 2818 standard should be modified, at least to the ... My feeling is that wildcard subdomains for HTTPS should at least be extended ... MS IE 7.0 Fails to act properly in dealing with SSL wildcard certificates ... A wildcard SSL certificate should be valid for both ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Potential Bug: IE 7 and SSL certificate handling.
      ... following the standards in the midst of a number of people who would rather ... My feeling is that wildcard subdomains for HTTPS should at least be ... the certificate (e.g., more than one dNSName name, a match in any one ... as it regards SSL in IE 7. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Web Publishing - providing certificates to websites
      ... I'm not sure if *mywebsite is allowed in a wildcard cert? ... Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing ... Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions ... The listener serves the certificate - 'mywebsite.com'. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)
    • Re: Potential Bug: IE 7 and SSL certificate handling.
      ... but having a wildcard that allows both ... you would want to set up host header for SSL on the server to get ... following the standards in the midst of a number of people who would rather ... the certificate (e.g., more than one dNSName name, a match in any one ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Potential Bug: IE 7 and SSL certificate handling.
      ... browsers, and see if they fix them. ... MS IE 7.0 Fails to act properly in dealing with SSL wildcard certificates ... A wildcard SSL certificate should be valid for both ...
      (microsoft.public.security)