Who can create a new website in ISM?

From: KMcDermott (KMcDermott_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/25/05

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:36:08 -0700

I want to give someone in my developers group the ability to create new sites
on their designated server, but don't want to give them full NT Admin rights
to the box if I don't have to.

Essentially, once they have created their root web, they can desginate FP
Roles to domain users as they see fit within desgnated subwebs. I want to
give the group leader the ability to create to root web in ISM, but without
giving her unfettered access to everything on the server.

Is there a group I can build/add to that will be able to accomplish this?

Win2000 Advanced Server SP3
FPSE 2002

thanks.

Kevin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changing toolbar config in Normal
    ... We have no ability to Cancel posts on this server. ... I am addressing these groups through the NNTP "Network News Transport ... McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: branch office administrator
    ... If you give this person any local admin type accesses (ability to log on ... > The plant manager is complaining at one location that was brought online> this last week, because the former "IT Guy" that took care of their ... We work for the corporate office so he doesn't have much choice/say> over most of this, but he has managed to get corporate to give him> permission to give full administrative rights over the computers and server> at the location to his buddy the "IT Guy" ... the server is a DC and GC so I can't justgive> him local admin rights to the server. ...
  • Proper method to allow "user" to login to server 2003 via TS?
    ... I was trying to configure a local user (not admin or power user) with ... I don't want to give this user the ability ... to do anything other than start/stop a service on the server ... Administrator ...
  • Client Lockdown
    ... I was hoping that someone could shed some light on a configuration issue I am ... Deny their ability to install their own programs ... I purchased the SBS Premium to get the ISA server 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [SLE] Alert
    ... The owner still has the ability to share their files to whomever they ... Many places use linux as a server with many 100's of people having ... From a server stand point this is a no-no. ... How many people keep personal files in their home dir, ...
    (SuSE)