Re: Problems with authenticated users accessing asp's

From: Duane Laflotte (dlaflotte_at_criticalsites.com)
Date: 05/25/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:30:10 -0400

    Gavin,
         The other thing I would do is to make sure you turn off "Show Friendly
    HTTP Errors" in your browser so you get the full error and not just the 500
    code. That may help point us in the right direction too.

     P.S. this is a great link for troubleshooting too
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    --
    Duane Laflotte
    MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA, MCSA, MCT, MCP+I
    "Gavin" <gavin@dont.spam.me.com> wrote in message

    > I have IIS serving static content and asp's from IIS6 on Win2003 Server.
    The
    > site uses Integrated Security with the server on a 2003 server domain.
    > Clients are on a different domain and enter login information in the
    browser
    > pop-up.
    > The behaviour I get is as follows ..
    >
    > - All domain users can access html files.
    > - A user I've added to the Administrators group on the web server can use
    > the site without trouble - all other users are given a 500 response to
    > attempts to access asp's and in the log file I get a permission denied
    error.

    > 2005-05-25 09:56:56 W3SVC25858248 xxx.xxx.19.25 GET /Default.asp
    > |34|800a0046|Permission_denied 2002 telem\holland xxx.xxx.244.109 HTTP/1.1
    > Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1) xxx.xxx.19.25:2002
    > 500 0 0 409
    >
    > - If I drop the site back to anonymous login all works fine.
    >
    > There is obviously a simple setting I'm missing, and am hopping someone
    will
    > be able to point me at it.
    > I've tried adding 'telem\Domain Users' (where telem is the webserver's
    > domain)to a number of the local security settings (including 'Access this
    > computer from the network'). Is there a definitive list of which are
    required
    > - I've added 'telem\Domain Users' to all entries that have
    'IUSR_servername'
    > and even 'IIS_WPG' out of desperation. Any other thoughts?
    >
    > Regards
    > Gavin

    • Re: Got TCP/IP connection, but no file sharing!?
      ... No where can I find that having the Computer Browser Service ... and the server announces itself on the networking using the special ... and why doesn't a workgroup environment work the same ... server) generally acts as the master browser. ...
    • Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Can=92t_see_a_compute?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?r_in_the_network?=
      ... Find Computer Browser ... Find Server ... Find Workstation ... CONFIG and Browser and Sharedaccess are RUNNING. ...
    • Re: After setting up the network
      ... Find Computer Browser ... Find Server ... PsService v2.20 - Service information and configuration utility ... CPSServ Comprehensive Networking Services V1.10 - PERRINS2 ...
    • Re: BROWSTAT: ...Could not connect to registry, error = 53 (New question)
      ... I have found that I can resolve this message situation by mapping a drive share to the Master Browser machine. ... Now name resolution uses Server Message Blocks or SMBs. ... use the same SMB transport, or they will have no connection (causing, among ... NetBT setting, is not consistently effective. ...
    • Re: After setting up the network
      ... Master browser name is: PERRINS2 ... C:\Documents and Settings\Leon Perrins>net config server ... PsService v2.20 - Service information and configuration utility ...