Integrated Windows Authentication on a member server

From: John (
Date: 05/19/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:50:11 -0400

I am getting ready to upgrade our domain from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.
I have a web server that is running Windows 2000 and is currently a DC which
will not be upgraded. The Windows 2000 web server hosts our Intranet site
and uses Integrated Windows Authentication to validate users. I plan on
demoting the web server to a member server, removing it from the Windows
2000 domain, then adding it to the new Windows 2003 domain as a member

Will Integrated Windows Authentication still work in this scenario? I want
to make sure that IIS 5 running on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows
2003 domain can still validate users through AD on a Windows 2003 DC that is
a separate server.