Integrated Windows Authentication on a member server

From: John (nobody_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 05/19/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:50:11 -0400

I am getting ready to upgrade our domain from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.
I have a web server that is running Windows 2000 and is currently a DC which
will not be upgraded. The Windows 2000 web server hosts our Intranet site
and uses Integrated Windows Authentication to validate users. I plan on
demoting the web server to a member server, removing it from the Windows
2000 domain, then adding it to the new Windows 2003 domain as a member
server.

Will Integrated Windows Authentication still work in this scenario? I want
to make sure that IIS 5 running on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows
2003 domain can still validate users through AD on a Windows 2003 DC that is
a separate server.

John

Relevant Pages

  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
    ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
    ... acrobat cannot find external windows handler ... activesync cannot find exchange server ... aol internet explorer cannot find server ... brother network scanner cannot find pc ...
    (sci.geo.fluids)
    ... cannot find server or dns error ... windows cannot find null ... windows cannot find the network path ... cannot find internet explorer on computer ...
    (comp.protocols.snmp)
  • Questions Relating to Administering Windows 2000 Server
    ... installed the network client on the target computer. ... Sarah has been attempting to install Windows 2000 ... Server for two days. ... Sarah has checked the cables and hard drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)