Re: How to serve a certain file format in IIS6/2003

From: My Last Sigh (mylastsigh_at_comcast.net)
Date: 05/18/05

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:44:33 -0700

How does one configure the MIME type for a myFile.vb_ on IIS6 then. Is
there a page I can look at?

"Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message
> If it's going to be execute on the client side, then it's depend on the
> MIME type and default action defined at client side. For IIS, it just
> base on the server configured MIME list to serve the file.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://www.microsoft.com/iis/
> http://www.iiswebcastseries.com/
> http://www.msmvps.com/bernard/
>

> "My Last Sigh" <mylastsigh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I am having problems serving a file through http called myFile.vb_
>>
>> I want to launch the file, but make it unknown to the browser. But it has
>> to be known as a vb script file, because it launch some local file access
>> functionality. Weird, I know.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to teach IIS 6.0 to execute securely a file of this
>> extension? Thanks for any guidance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disabling auto-play of .wmv files
    ... This is client side behavior, if client machine has WMP installed it will ... You need the MIME type in IIS, otherwise you will get a 404.3 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • sis
    ... Hi,Please look in the IIS logfiles. ... How to set up IIS to download CA Root Certificate ... The problem is that file type cer is not a known mime type. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003
    ... These are the general access patterns for a resource (like an EXE): ... Allow the user to browse to a web page, which executes zipcode.exe on the ... Service Extension for zipcode.exe since IIS is executing it directly. ... resources of particular extension that did not have a MIME Type. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.misc)
  • Re: Cantt download "exe" file because of IIS version
    ... The default MIME Type in IIS for .exe is application/octet-stream. ... When I looked at the download type it was still set to the MIME type that I just removed. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Cantt download "exe" file because of IIS version
    ... MIME Type controls) can be sent on a response: ... If IIS sent it via the static file handler, ... static file handler working to send the download (and the rest of my earlier ... I performed a hunt in the registry in both the problematic server and the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)