Re: how do i block port 220

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 05/13/05

    Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:53:01 GMT

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:09:08 +0200, "Drasko Ivanisevic"
    <drasko.ivanisevic@online.zg.t-com.hr (remove online.)> wrote:

    >"id3ego2" <id3ego2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a dell box running server 2003 sp1, and my network folks tell me
    >>that
    >> it has been compromised by a Trojan. They see outbound traffic over port
    >> 220. their solution is to take the machine down and reformat the drive.
    >> There has got to be another way. how do I block this port? Outbound
    >> firewall? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    >Reformating is your last option.
    >Remove the trojan with tools listed in post above and if you want to block
    >outbound traffic via 220 use IPsec policy.

    What about the other trojans and backdoors? You say there aren't any?
    How do you know? You didn't know about this one until someone told
    you..

    The point being, what you don't know, will hurt you.

    Jeff

    • Re: My Game Needs a Port Listed as Trojan Port
      ... > my games uses this port. ... The trojan has to be installed on your machine, ... > that my virus scan knows that this game is ok to use this port although it ... Antivirus shouldn't have anything to do with it: but for a firewall it will. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: netstat finds something strange?
      ... I dunno about heuristics or viruses or trojans, ... should have your PC name as the name listening on each different port. ... > The free pest patrol scanner just looks for port numbers that are open ... >> What the heck kind of virus or trojan does this. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: What does this log file mean- Intrusion, Noise, or ISP?
      ... NAV2002 with updates and just scanned with ANTS trojan scanner (from ... but I may contact Charter and let them know about the IP of concern. ... >>NIS 2002 constantly blocks the remote IP below trying to connect to Port ... > other machines to infect. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: svchost.exe
      ... Svchost.exe is tied in with RPC somehow and win2k needs it. ... If you did a netstat -an in the DOS command prompt, ... the process list and port 135 is closed and it no longer shows up on ... The trojan was listening on port ...
    • Re: how do i block port 220
      ... "id3ego2" wrote in message ... They see outbound traffic over port ... their solution is to take the machine down and reformat the drive. ... Remove the trojan with tools listed in post above and if you want to block ...