Re: how do i block port 220

From: GRT (no_at_spam.com)
Date: 05/09/05

    Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:24:25 -0400

    Best would be to rid the box of the Trojan -- who know what else it is doing
    besides sending traffic out 220!
    If your AV did not find it then try ClamWin (http://clamwin.com) and/or
    Microsoft's new AntiSpyWare Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/)

    "id3ego2" <id3ego2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a dell box running server 2003 sp1, and my network folks tell me
    that
    > it has been compromised by a Trojan. They see outbound traffic over port
    > 220. their solution is to take the machine down and reformat the drive.
    > There has got to be another way. how do I block this port? Outbound
    > firewall? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

    • Re: Question About Firewalls and Hacking
      ... Even if you currently have a trojan running in your PC if you install ... properly the firewall the trojan traffic may be stopped. ... will open a given port usually a strange one like 20003 or so... ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: What does the group think of XPs own firewall?
      ... And what do you think of a firewall that can be easily reconfigured by ... If I would start programming some kind of trojan I would do so. ... So I'll do it the smart way: my trojan tries to connect through a port ... to a host with a static ip. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: What does the group think of XPs own firewall?
      ... And what do you think of a firewall that can be easily reconfigured by ... If I would start programming some kind of trojan I would do so. ... So I'll do it the smart way: my trojan tries to connect through a port ... to a host with a static ip. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Firewall constantly attacked??
      ... > the subseven/backdoor trojan. ... > firewall icon in the tray is constantly flashing with a red ... > remember the name) from port 127.0.0.0 which if I'm not mistaken is my ... If you put a NAT router in front of the machine, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: My Game Needs a Port Listed as Trojan Port
      ... > my games uses this port. ... The trojan has to be installed on your machine, ... > that my virus scan knows that this game is ok to use this port although it ... Antivirus shouldn't have anything to do with it: but for a firewall it will. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)