Re: Client Permissions required for Integrated Authentication?

From: Paul Haigh (Haigh_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:25:02 -0700

"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" wrote:
> "Paul Haigh" <Paul Haigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,

<snip>

> Sounds like the NTFS permissions on the content need to be adjusted. The IE
> issue you mention would not be affected by whether or not users are part of
> the amdin group. Make sure your users have at least NTFS Read permissions
> on your content files and folders.

Hi Tom,

I thought that as well to start with, but when I added 'Everyone' to the
NTFS permissions for the content, nothing changed. We didn't see the boxes
go away until we added the NT account to the local PC's 'Administrators'
group - then the issue appears to go away immediately.

Alternatively, the login box can be removed by putting back 'Anonymous
Authentication', which isn't a huge surprise.

Cheers,

Paul