Guest book created through Frontpage

From: wosully (wosully_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/30/05

    Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:49:02 -0700

    Hi all,

    I have locked our 2003 SP1 server down using the security configuration
    wizard and group policy, now for the fun to begin: ever since I have
    completed this process, we can no longer write to the guest books. The
    content is there, but when we type a few words, then click on "Submit
    Comments" I receive the "FrontPage Error.
    User: please report details to this site's webmaster.
    Webmaster: please see the server's application event log for more details."

    I believe this is primarily an IIS security misconfiguration on my part, but
    I am cautious when changing the iIS security settings because I do not want
    to make them weak. Does anyone know what the minimum secutiys settings
    should be to allow ananymous users to sign a guest book?

    Thanks!

    --
    MCSE: Security, CCNA, A+, Network +, Security+

    • Re: My Mirror Twin Paradox
      ... the webmaster of the above site has never ... alluded to threaten the security of ... systems that download from it. ... same for the site offered by Dono. ...
      (sci.physics.relativity)
    • Anybody Can Write To My Web Site & I dont know how to stop them
      ... Can you help with a problem on IIS security? ... Until recently when using VI or Frontpage, when I tried to access my web ... site for updates it prompted me for a logon and password before I could ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
    • Re: connection problesm
      ... IIS security is intergrated windows authentication. ... When I am on my desktop and type in http://it/default.aspx, a credentials box pops up. ... In IIS management, what type of security did you choose? ... IE will use NTLM auth on your site and "intergrated windows authentication" will work. ...
      (microsoft.public.sharepoint.teamservices)
    • IIS6 Security Settings, best practices
      ... How are most of you setting your IIS Security to provide ample security ... without annoying and hindering the user experience? ... What have you found to be the best settings for IIS6? ...
    • Re: how to secure mysql + php script on iis6
      ... >- enable ISAPI extentions ... >- enable CGI extentions ... You're asking about the security of an application, ... not IIS security. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)