RE: Virtual Directory mapped to Netware server in IIS6 fails

From: Bill (Bill_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/18/05

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:17:08 -0800

We got "read" working from the remote virtual directory. We did this by
creating a specific user account for this purpose. It's username/passwords
are synchronized. For whatever reason it won't work if you try to use an
account that exists on the remote computer, but not on the local computer.
Go figure. Anyway, I haven't tried "write" access yet so that ball is still
up in the air.

Thanks for the reply!

  • Re: HOW TO Assign wmi rights to non-administrators!
    ... The action should work locally as a regular user account. ... If you are doing this on a remote computer, ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Management Infrastructure ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: HOW TO Assign wmi rights to non-administrators!
    ... This query runs only with the administrator account, ... > The action should work locally as a regular user account. ... > If you are doing this on a remote computer, ... > Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Management Infrastructure ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • RE: user account
    ... i think it's something to do with a remote computer that used to be networked ... remote comp had a user account of 'xyz' on it. ...
  • Re: Viewing Services remotely
    ... Try using the domain security group policy and giving that user account ... permissions to access that specific reg tree that contains the service ... account listing. ... but when they try to connect to the remote computer ...
  • Re: Administrator with no password
    ... > BIOS password. ... All I need is a way to make sure that a remote computer ... > cannot log on to local user accounts. ... setting up a user account and if you don't want your users to have ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)