IServerXMLHTTPRequest authentication problem

From: Lamberti Fabrizio (lambu_at_from_italy.it)
Date: 03/07/05

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:43:55 +0100

I've an authentication problem with IServerXMLHTTPRequest.

I've got two web server named WS_1 and WS_2 part of the same NT domain.

On WS_1 I've published on the virtual directory virt1 the asp file
example1.asp.

On WS_2 I've published example2.asp on the virtual directory virt2.

Both virtual directories have enabled only the Integrated Windows
Authentication and I can't use any other type of authentication.

The file example1.asp try to retrieve some information from example2.asp by
using IServerXMLHTTPRequest object.

The problem is that example1.asp can't retrieve example2.asp because the
request is not made by the same domain user requesting example1.asp and so
correctely WS_2 can't authorized current request.

Inside the method open of IServerXMLHTTPRequest object I can set the user
and the pwd. I can retrieve the current user from
Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER") but I don't know how to retrieve the
pwd. how can I do it ?

Thx

Relevant Pages

  • IServerXMLHTTPRequest authentication problem
    ... I've an authentication problem with IServerXMLHTTPRequest. ... Authentication and I can't use any other type of authentication. ... The file example1.asp try to retrieve some information from example2.asp by ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • IServerXMLHTTPRequest authentication problem
    ... I've an authentication problem with IServerXMLHTTPRequest. ... Authentication and I can't use any other type of authentication. ... The file example1.asp try to retrieve some information from example2.asp by ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.misc)
  • RE: Role Based Security
    ... Forms-Based Authentication in Your ASP.NET Application via the guide in KB ... since this need the asp.net app to retrieve the request's ... Then we can concat all the roles into a single string and store it ... For more detailed info on the FormsAuthenticationTicket class, ...
  • server.transfer and forms authentication
    ... my app needs to retrieve a value from a previously viewed page. ... legwork. ... the web.config file which uses forms authentication. ... to redirect the user; the parameters of the logon screen are not saved from ...
  • IServerXMLHTTPRequest & Forms Based Authentication
    ... I am running into an issue when i am using IServerXMLHTTPRequest to ... connect to an exchange 2003 server with forms based authentication ... using namespace MSXML2; ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.applications)