Setting a FTP User access

From: msw (nospam)
Date: 02/05/05

    Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:44:16 -0500

    I succeeded in seting up my FTP server within Windows 2003 as described in
    the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323384

    My question is How can I setup an user and which permissions do I need to
    give the user for accessing the FTP Server?

    How can I test the security to be sure that it is secure enough?

    Thank you for your help.

    • FTP setup as well as users
      ... I succeeded in seting up my FTP server within Windows 2003 as described in ... My question is How can I setup an user and which permissions do I need to ... give the user for accessing the FTP Server? ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
    • Re: When an uploading file is arrived in an FTP server
      ... I have setup an FTP server on Windows XP Home (SERV-U FTP SERVER) and I ...
    • Re: Slow network transfer within LAN
      ... well I have always noticed with Windows that when you ... When I use to run an FTP server on ... Slow network performance occurs if you copy files to a domain controller ... Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express ...
    • Re: windows 2000 unwanted data transfer
      ... and unneeded services running such as WWW or FTP that your ... computer is being used as a FTP server or such. ... >A windows 2000 professional pc is used to access internet on a PPPOE ... The charges are based on the volume of data transfer. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: windows 2000 professional hacked with Serv-U FTP Server
      ... > FTP server and was uploading movies files to this box. ... > How did hacked get into the machine and installed Serv-U ftp server? ... consider formatting and reinstalling Windows and all other software ... documents to remove the vulnerabilities in the default install of Windows. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)