Re: IIS and Internet Access

From: JJ (JJ_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/31/05

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:53:02 -0800

Yes Jeff I am using the IP address to connect to server box now and I can do
that but when I try to run a report from the box I get an Action Canceled
error. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
JJ

"Jeff Cochran" wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:11:04 -0800, "JJ"
> <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have the following going on: A win 2k3 server running sql server and
> >reporting services. I have IIS configured on it and can run reports
> >internally on my network but when I try to access a report from the web I get
> >nothing back. I can access my web projects but cant access and display
> >reports from web. I am using a static ip address to access the website for
> >now. I don't have a domain name setup for this box yet if that makes a
> >difference. and internally when I refer to the box in the website I use the
> >boxs computer name. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?
>
> The "boxs(sic) computer name" is its NetBIOS name. It's not available
> outside your LAN unless you have a DNS entry for it, which would
> require a domain and proper records. Have you tried the IP address?
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS
    ... Can you turn off IE's "Show Friendly HTTP Errors" and report the actual 403 ... I presume this server is at work. ... My guess right now is that you have IP Restriction set on the IIS website ...
  • Re: Safespeeds fake coppers.
    ... You really haven't got the hang of this quoting thing have you? ... in order to prove with peer-reviewed data that speed cameras save ... So far Jeff you've screamed "HYPOCRITE" at me because you hadn't read ... "Appendix H" of the 4th year report? ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Access query performance
    ... Thanks for the advice, subreports did the trick. ... troubleshooting advice on whether these types of problems are query or report ... "Jeff Boyce" wrote: ... > The first thing to check on slow queries is that fields used for selection ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • RE: Help needed in sending email from Access.
    ... progressed to 'Dim Report As MailItem' and stopped again. ... "Jeff C" wrote: ... reference libraries to make sure that you have Microsoft Word 11.0 Object ... It stops on 'Dim wdApp As Word.Application' with Compile ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Multiple requests for parameter value
    ... Especially a "flattening" query. ... formID using some other piece of data? ... "Jeff Boyce" wrote: ... report without knowing the formID of the set of data they want to fill the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)