Re: Customizing Password Prompt Screen

From: David Wang [Msft] (
Date: 01/29/05

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:34:46 -0800

That dialog box is shown by the web browser and cannot be customized.

You will have use custom authentication whose protocol allows customizable
login screen. ASP.Net Forms auth is one such example. CustomAuth sample
from IIS Platform SDK is another.

"jgenin" <> wrote in message
Is it possible to customize the screen users see when prompted to enter a
un/pw when trying to enter a restricted web directory? We want it to say
than 'connecting to'

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem referencing web service
    ... > The same problem comes in a web browser. ... >>(you have custom errors off). ... If it's a .NET webservice, ... >>Craig Deelsnyder ...
  • Re: Outlook Express - IE 7
    ... I tried switching to MS Windows instead of custom in the settings and it ... settings and they had returned to Use My Current Web Browser, ... but selecting URL within email is not working. ... Try selecting Microsoft Windows instead of Custom. ...
  • Re: mozilla
    ... Custom (click on the down arrow to expose the option list) -> ... Choose a default Web browser. ...
  • RE: Re-Emailing from My Pictures folder
    ... It is set to custom. ... When I go into internet options from my web browser, on the programs tab it doesn't give me the option to select a different email program. ...
  • Re: How to avoid lossing channel bonding when using Rocket IO?
    ... The protocol is Custom. ... RX can receive the 4 SOPs at the same time(channel bonding ok). ... which is one of the transmition conditions of my RX FSM, ... Your custom protocol transmits 8b10b characters ...