Re: IIS6. Windows 2003

From: msw (msw_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/28/05

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:33:16 -0500

Thank you for your help

My website is finalize and I was just wondering if it is ok to just put it
within the same box of the exchange.

>From my understanding I think I need IIS to allow the access for the website
and set it up.

in reference to Exchange I think the port I am using on the Firewall is
HTTPS is this mean that my OWA is coming through SSL or not

I hope my Q? are not sound stupid I am just trying to learn.

Thnk You very much for your replay

> In article <O2q2YCMBFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, msw@hotmail.com
> says...
>> Is it ok to setup IIS6 on the same box that have Exchange what impact
>> that
>> will have on security I already have a wtchguard Firwall.
>
> Need more info - what are you going to be doing with IIS?
>
> We run IIS on all our exchange servers to provide OWA through SSL. We do
> not allow OWA via HTTP.
>
> In one or two instances we have permitted a static web site to run on
> the same box as the Exchange server, but not anything that we could not
> secure and lock-down, and at it's own IP also.
>
> Just make sure that you don't enable OWA through HTTP, use SSL even if
> you need to create your own certificate.
>
> --
> --
> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RPC over HTTP with Basic Authentication and no SSL
    ... My GoDaddy Turbo SSL certificate cost me $16.99 per year when I bought a ... must not have been Exchange 2003, or it was set up wrong, as Exchange 2003 ... At the bottom a 3 year certificate is $225. ... my logic says that if our OWA is only available using http anyways, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: OWA problem after renewal of SSL cert
    ... MVP - Exchange ... HTTPS to work again - if only on the LAN. ... server or on the Exchange server? ... However, I'm still w/out OWA ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: OWA Not working Page not Found
    ... you reset the Exchange OWA virtual directories on SBS: ... How to reset the default virtual directories that are required to provide ... Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, and Outlook Mobile Access services ... your screen until you reach the Setup Type page of the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2008 HTTP 400 Error
    ... Microsoft Certified Partner ... OWA not working Externally, but works fine internally... ... Exchange 2007 Server ...
  • RE: OWA - DMZ to internal Exchange 2003 Servers
    ... Do you use ISA server for publish OWA? ... Do you need to open HTTP and not use only HTTPS? ... If you using Exchange as mail relay on the DMZ there may be need to change ... > Internet to DMZ Network Port and Protocol Requirements ...