Re: IIS6. Windows 2003

From: Jason Brown [MSFT] (i-brjaso_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/28/05

    Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:55:58 +1100

    Exchange requires IIS in order to run OWA (Outlook Web Access), so it's
    probably already there. As for what impact it'll have, well, that depends on
    how you configure it, but it's pretty tight by default. Fill us in with a
    bit more detail and we might be able to offer more.

    --
    Jason Brown
    Microsoft GTSC, IIS
    "msw" <msw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is it ok to setup IIS6 on the same box that have Exchange what impact that
    > will have on security I already have a wtchguard Firwall.
    >
    > Thank You

    • RE: Vista Business (32 Bit) and Outlook Web Access - need help!
      ... Ensure Exchange SP2 is installed on the server. ... If Exchange 2003 SP2 is not installed on the server, ... The URLScan tool may cause problems in Outlook Web Access ... IIS Lockdown and URLscan Configurations in an Exchange Environment ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: OWA Not working Page not Found
      ... you reset the Exchange OWA virtual directories on SBS: ... How to reset the default virtual directories that are required to provide ... Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, and Outlook Mobile Access services ... your screen until you reach the Setup Type page of the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: no OWA
      ... I understand that you unable to access OWA ... If you do not want to install all the IIS tools on your computer, ... To restart the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Leider nicht!
      ... Wenn ich eine Mail an das Postfach sende, landet es dann im Postfach, d.h. "sieht" man die mail per OWA? ... dann wären die Logfiles des IIS interessant. ... Ansonsten könnte man im schlimmsten Fall den IIS "reinstallieren" und Exchange wieder repariren, dann sind aber alle IIS einstellungen wieder "default" ...
      (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
    • Re: my OWA displayed an ftp directorty
      ... Exchange folder, when that happens, we loose the mapping for DAVEX.DLL. ... in the IIS metabase. ... Outlook Web Access on your Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 computer. ... when you delete the IIS virtual directories that are used by ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)