Re: Certificate Export Problem

From: Miha Pihler [MVP] (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 01/12/05

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:15:29 +0100

Hi,

If you have original CSR (including private key), you could import it back
in Certificate MMC under computer account -> Certificate Enrollment Requests
... Once you have your original request restored you then use certificate
that you received from VeriSign and proceed as if this was new request...

If you don't have original request, then you will have to generate new CSR
and request new certificate from VeriSign. I believe they will charge you
100 USD for this and not the full price. Still double check on this since
Thawte (another CA agency owned by VeriSign) will reissue SSL certificate
for free (under certain conditions -- including yours -- change of system).

Feel free to post back if you need more information.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
"cswarr" <cswarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply.  That may be the case.  I must not have checked off
> the
> exportable box when I installed it.  I'm going to have to look around for
> the
> original request.  I assume you mean the original CSR?  I think I have the
> certificate.  If I can find them, how do I install it on the new server?

<snip>