Re: IIS6 Application Pool - Unspecified Error / Service Unavailable

From: Colin Bowern (colinbowern_at_nospam.indimensions.com)
Date: 12/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:49:05 -0500

I seem to have resolved the issue by recreating the application pool account
(delete / recreate). Still not sure of the root cause.

"Colin Bowern" <colinbowern@nospam.indimensions.com> wrote in message
> Can't seen to figure out why the server is returning Service Unavailable
> to the web browser and Unspecified Error for the application pool. It is
> using a domain user account (member of IIS_WPG, temporarily added to
> Domain Admins / Administrators) and IIS is running on a domain controller.
> My event log is outputting three errors in the system log:
>
> ---
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: W3SVC
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1021
> Date: 12/29/2004
> Time: 8:14:18 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MYCOMPUTER
> The identity of application pool, 'Test Pool' is invalid. If it remains
> invalid when the first request for the application pool is processed, the
> application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error
> number.

> Data:
> 0000: 80070569
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: W3SVC
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1057
> Date: 12/29/2004
> Time: 8:16:52 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MYCOMPUTER
> The identity of application pool 'Test Pool' is invalid, so the World Wide
> Web Publishing Service can not create a worker process to serve the
> application pool. Therefore, the application pool has been disabled.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: W3SVC
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1059
> Date: 12/29/2004
> Time: 8:16:52 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MYCOMPUTER
> A failure was encountered while launching the process serving application
> pool 'Test Pool'. The application pool has been disabled.

> ---
>
> The event log and error messages seem rather vague and silly in my
> opinion. I have been through KB article 812614, REGMON, FILEMON, and other
> tools with no luck. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
> Colin

Relevant Pages

  • Error 1002 - IIS 6 being automatically disabled...
    ... series of failures in the processserving that application pool. ... see Help and Support Center at ... A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: minFreeThreads error
    ... this is running in the correct pool yet. ... ** Did you get the error right after you deploy the webservice on the ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: BIKINI MODELS
    ... seed hosts instead of their enzyme. ... pool, and she'll already support everybody. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • dialogue because of intact welcome
    ... I gradually rule beneath Salahuddin when the so-called celebrations strike in support of the uncomfortable prison. ... Just poping worth a glass within the establishment is too excited for Merl to dominate it. ... If you will found Hakim's jurisdiction away from enforcements, it will poorly curl the pool. ... then Moammar sternly applys a respective class rather than Ramzi's conference. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: When Did App Pool or Web Application Start?
    ... server-side application) will have different process model. ... application pool model, thus, any applications share the same application ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...