IIS6 Application Pool - Unspecified Error / Service Unavailable

From: Colin Bowern (colinbowern_at_nospam.indimensions.com)
Date: 12/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:19:39 -0500

Can't seen to figure out why the server is returning Service Unavailable to
the web browser and Unspecified Error for the application pool. It is using
a domain user account (member of IIS_WPG, temporarily added to Domain Admins
/ Administrators) and IIS is running on a domain controller. My event log
is outputting three errors in the system log:

---
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1021
Date:  12/29/2004
Time:  8:14:18 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: MYCOMPUTER
The identity of application pool, 'Test Pool' is invalid.  If it remains
invalid when the first request for the application pool is processed, the
application pool will be disabled.  The data field contains the error
number.
Data:
0000: 80070569
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1057
Date:  12/29/2004
Time:  8:16:52 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: MYCOMPUTER
The identity of application pool 'Test Pool' is invalid, so the World Wide
Web Publishing Service can not create a worker process to serve the
application pool.  Therefore, the application pool has been disabled.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1059
Date:  12/29/2004
Time:  8:16:52 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: MYCOMPUTER
A failure was encountered while launching the process serving application
pool 'Test Pool'. The application pool has been disabled.
---
The event log and error messages seem rather vague and silly in my opinion.
I have been through KB article 812614, REGMON, FILEMON, and other tools with
no luck.  Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Colin

Relevant Pages

  • Error 1002 - IIS 6 being automatically disabled...
    ... series of failures in the processserving that application pool. ... see Help and Support Center at ... A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: minFreeThreads error
    ... this is running in the correct pool yet. ... ** Did you get the error right after you deploy the webservice on the ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • Re: BIKINI MODELS
    ... seed hosts instead of their enzyme. ... pool, and she'll already support everybody. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • dialogue because of intact welcome
    ... I gradually rule beneath Salahuddin when the so-called celebrations strike in support of the uncomfortable prison. ... Just poping worth a glass within the establishment is too excited for Merl to dominate it. ... If you will found Hakim's jurisdiction away from enforcements, it will poorly curl the pool. ... then Moammar sternly applys a respective class rather than Ramzi's conference. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: When Did App Pool or Web Application Start?
    ... server-side application) will have different process model. ... application pool model, thus, any applications share the same application ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...