IIS and out-of-process issue

From: Gilgamesh4Ever (gilgamesh4ever)
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:56:17 -0800

Hi there,
I've got an asp application which is hosted on IIS, running on W2K server.
I've got also an ASP page which is trying to create a Microsoft Project file
by
creating an instance of object "MSProject.Application" object. Although the
MS project has already been installed on the web server, IIS throws an error
when it tries to create the object. After researching the problem, it became
clear that the problem is with IIS not allowing the MS Project application
to start as an out-of-process application. Has anybody done something like
this?
Here is the error I see in the event log: ActiveX component can't create
object.

Thanks,
Gilgamesh

Relevant Pages

  • RE: asp pages error
    ... our intranet connects to several access databases we dont get an asp ... I tried to add a new site to iis, ... > down and type the full content of the error message to the Newsgroup. ... > SP1 on your SBS 2K3 server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with freezing on IIS
    ... Low protection means the web app is running inside inetInfo.exe itself ... something wrong with COM+ or IIS is having some kind of logon problem. ... When we had it set to Medium, it would not even process ASP pages. ... settings (as is the problem server). ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: wsx to asp ad rotator doesnt work
    ... control is enabled on the IIS box? ... username/password that the IIS server will accept and see ... >>Also, you can access the asp page with a remote browser, ... >>sure that the server is reading the wsx file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • Re: ASP app not working in IIS 6
    ... specific to Win2003 or if it is a IIS 6 issue. ... server with personal web service. ... "To circumvent this silliness and get real ASP errors, ... >debugging the application in Visual Development. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Problem with freezing on IIS
    ... If we set this to Low (IIS Process), ... When we had it set to Medium, it would not even process ASP pages. ... I don't have the problem on my other server, which is also using the default ... I have the identical ASP settings (including asp script timeout of 90 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)