Mulitple Site Security, IIS 6.0 window 2003, Login Problems

bob_at_dole.com
Date: 12/11/04

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:51:02 -0500

Ok,
I have an IIS 6.0 running on Windows 2003.
I have several web SITES hosted like the following:
site1.myserver.com
site2.myserver.com
site3.myserver.com

I want to create permissions such each site has a unique set of users.

So i setup 3 local user accounts:
User1
User2
User3

I turned off anonymous on all 3 sites, let windows auth turned on
I added User1 to the permission (via the permissions menu on the right
click of IIS Admin) to the NTFS privs.... so far so good, I did the
same for each Site: Site1=User1, Site2=User2, etc..

Now here is the rub:
If I surf to site1.myserver.com and put in User2 as the user.... it
works just fine. which is of course, an error.

If I remover the myserver/users account from the site, it wont
correctly run the asp.net applications in the directory.

thoughts? any help would be very appreciated

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Getting the current Windows user name
    ... the database permissions for the pages to work. ... > turn on window authentication in IIS ... > web.config autentication mode set to windows ... >> I'm developing an intranet app, and want to get the current user name ...
  • Re: HOW TO IIS -Security
    ... the permission on wwwroot directory but guest account and everyone ... if you really are getting Windows share connections rather than via ... IIS, you need to check the NTFS permissions from Windows itself, not the ...
  • Re: HOW TO IIS -Security
    ... the permission on wwwroot directory but guest account and everyone ... IIS, you need to check the NTFS permissions from Windows itself, not the IIS ...
  • Re: Q: access of local "Users" group to web content directories.
    ... The default installation of Windows 2003 server gives the "Users" group ... When IIS is installed with either volume on inetpub, ... example of permissions not being as pessamistic as they should be. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: no OWA
    ... have the correct permissions was the "inetpub" folder. ... Correct the settings in IIS: ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)