HELP: Demoting DC broke IIS security

From: Matthew Speed (mspeed_at_mspeed.net)
Date: 11/08/04

    Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:21:53 -0500

    I have a 2003 DC that was running some websites. I demoted it to a
    member server and now when I try to access any website on the box it
    presents me with a dialog box asking for a username and password. The
    Web Server service is running as Local System. The IUSR_ account is
    the account set in the websites for anonymous access and that account
    has read & execute permissions on the directories and files in the
    website. How can I fix this so that anonymous users can access the
    site?

    TIA