Re: Redirecting users to Https

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 10/30/04

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:04:45 +0200

Hi Jason,

This sounds OK.

Here is another way of redirecting users...

How to redirect an HTTP connection to HTTPS for Outlook Web Access clients
in Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839357

Mike

"Jason" <hpets3526@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am redirecting users to a secure channel using a simple page
> containing a meta refresh tag. I am using this page as a custom error
> page for the secure channel error so when users type www.anything.com
> they get the error which automatically redirects them to the right
> page using https. I have a SSL Cert. from Verisign and the common name
> on this cert must match the name of the site you wish to have it
> applied to. Therefore I have the cert applied to my root directory
> meaning the whole site is Https. This works but I am wondering if this
> is the best way to do this.
> Thanks for any help,
> Jason

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Iptables squid and windows update :-(
    ... we were redirecting all ... httptraffic to a pointer on the local webserver. ... So, now I allow https out to MS directly and all seems to ... *> I'm not sure of the dependencies for Windows Update, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: IPFilter and Hotmail
    ... for the outside world connecting to our https. ... You're redirecting *all* incoming HTTPS traffic to your internal server. ... so you are 'splitting' the traffic of HTTPS connection and ... redirecting all incoming HTTPS traffic to your 10.0.0.2 host. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: IIS in DMZ accessing OWA on internal network
    ... I'm assuming your redirecting from DMZ (https) to internal network. ... To add SSL all the way through, you'll need to configure SSL on internal box ...
  • Re: Redirect problem
    ... >> HTTPS, and the full URI. ... >what implications are meant by 'secure server', ... I meant https rather than http. ... so there is no such thing as redirecting inside the server ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: is http mail secure?
    ... Can't I create a cert without going to ... > then use https. ... > Properties of the Virtual Site, selecting the Security tab and clicking on ... >> lock at the bottom telling me it's secure. ...