Re: problem with SSL certificate

From: Ganesh Anekar [MSFT] (Ganesh_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/30/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:10:35 -0700

Hi,

You can download following tool and run it on the webserver to verify
certificate is good and there is private key associated with that
certificate.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cabea1d0-5a10-41bc-83d4-06c814265282&DisplayLang=en

Look for server side errors.

HTH.

--
Ganesh Anekar
Microsoft Developer Support
>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<
You assume all risk for your use.
 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
"Vassilis" <vcon@hate_spam_hol.gr> wrote in message
> w2k3, exchange2k3 sp1
>
> So far i was using a certificate with wrong common name from an other
> authority. OWA SSL was working fine but in order for RPC to work i needed
> certificate with the same common name as the DNS name. So from another
> win2k3 server with a certification authority installed i issued a
> certificate for my server.
>
> Now, the certificate is correctly installed BUT it takes ages to load the
> page with https. If i go to my server on IIS and on directory security and
> click on view certificate the server hangs for a while and then it
> displays
> the certificate with an explamation icon saying "do not have enough
> information for the certificate" or something like that.
>
> The same thing happens to the client. from IE we type the address it takes
> ages to display the security notification dialog, we click on view
> certificate, again the computer hangs and then after a while it displays
> the
> certificate and even though we install it to the client we still get the
> security windows among others.
>
> Any ideas about this ?
>
> thank you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ?Expired Security Certif for MS Update
    ... MBSA should run fine on a new install. ... faith in the downloads I have, that used the expired certificate to get ... At the risk of sounding like an alien abductee, this security invasion ... Microsoft and signed by a CA that your computer trusts I would not worry ...
  • Re: Adding EXCH2007 SP1 box to existing EXCH2003 SP2 Org
    ... Certificates - going to be using a SAN Certificate like I have many times before. ... We are making this a virtual server (someone is going on-site on Thursday to install VMWare (which will kill everything on this box) and WIN2008 Server SP1 x64 and then I will install EXCH2007 SP1. ... as mentioned - ISA was not involved in any of those eight environments.... ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: How do I protect a document out of design mode?
    ... My IT installators initially told me that they would install digital ... the macro security warnings. ... Select the certificate you want to add, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Terminal Services over a VPN
    ... Create a certificate request and submit it to godaddy in order to obtain a public cert. ... You can use the wizard in IIS Manager for this by creating a new website that matches the above name (on your TS server), right-click and choose properties, directory security tab, server certificate button. ... After the install you can stop or delete the website created above since you don't need it for anything. ...