Re: Multiple Identities for one site.

From: Steve S. (SteveS)
Date: 10/29/04

    Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:26:05 -0400

    > SSL needs a unique IP or port for each site. Ports are problematic
    > since they have to be specified on the URL, so separate IP's is the
    > norm.

    We use a single IP and multiple ports internally, but externally we use
    different IPs all using port 443. Ah, the wonders of the NAT. :-)

    On another note it is a HEADACHE to keep all the IIS settings across the
    multiple sites identical, especially in a farm. With 2 load balanced web
    servers and 3 virtual web sites for our 3 SSL certs, I have to make a change
    SIX TIMES to keep them all in sync.

    If anyone has a better way to do this please enlighten me.

    --Steve S.

    • RE: IPS and Trunking
      ... We're looking into Tippingpoint, and they stated that sometime in March ... If connected to a trunk port, you'd be able apply a separate ... I think the original question relates to the Cisco IPS' ability to route ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Can I get two DSL connections on SBC bound lines?
      ... I don't have a Ringmaster-type service. ... >Sounds like you have two lines, each running on a separate pair and have two ... >outer pins. ... The Radio Shack splitter connects the center pair of the A+B port ...
      (comp.dcom.xdsl)
    • Re: Web Server
      ... hosting company. ... Third option is to place on your SBS box ... You cannot do it behind NAT on a separate box because port forwarding will ... If you send all port 80 requests to your Website then you would have issues ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)
    • Re: Web Server
      ... hosting company. ... Third option is to place on your SBS box ... You cannot do it behind NAT on a separate box because port forwarding will ... If you send all port 80 requests to your Website then you would have issues ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
    • Re: how do I read data from a port in WINCE
      ... x86, where there is separate I/O space, the parameter is interpreted as the ... Pass the port number you want (cast it to the correct pointer ... a pointer to that char as the first parameter of READ_PORT_BUFFER_UCHAR? ... This is needed since only the x86 has an actual separate I.O ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)