problem with SSL certificate

From: Vassilis (vcon_at_hate_spam_hol.gr)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:41:43 +0300

w2k3, exchange2k3 sp1

So far i was using a certificate with wrong common name from an other
authority. OWA SSL was working fine but in order for RPC to work i needed a
certificate with the same common name as the DNS name. So from another
win2k3 server with a certification authority installed i issued a
certificate for my server.

Now, the certificate is correctly installed BUT it takes ages to load the
page with https. If i go to my server on IIS and on directory security and
click on view certificate the server hangs for a while and then it displays
the certificate with an explamation icon saying "do not have enough
information for the certificate" or something like that.

The same thing happens to the client. from IE we type the address it takes
ages to display the security notification dialog, we click on view
certificate, again the computer hangs and then after a while it displays the
certificate and even though we install it to the client we still get the
security windows among others.

Any ideas about this ?

thank you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forms Authentication via SSL question
    ... Have you tried installing your Certificate Authority as a trusted CA in the ... "Trusted Root Ceritifcation Authorities" for your local machine (ie. both ... > Server Error in '/IRWebAdmin' Application. ...
  • Re: Forms Authentication via SSL question
    ... Have you tried installing your Certificate Authority as a trusted CA in the ... "Trusted Root Ceritifcation Authorities" for your local machine (ie. both ... > Server Error in '/IRWebAdmin' Application. ...
  • RPC over HTTP, Microsoft solution
    ... Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios ... Place a check in the box next to 'Certificate Services' and click 'Yes' ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: IIS / SSL + Pages not Loading (HTTPS)
    ... situation and they argued that we had to buy one cert for each server ... > The browser request has to match the registered common name exactly. ... >>allow us to create or request more than one certificate with the same ...