Re: How to move the Inetpub folder into different drive

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadopenstatic.com)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:03:43 +1000

First: create your new folder locations (this can be done by copying the
current inetpub folder to a different drive/partition) or manually creating
the necessary folders

Second: to move the websites use IIS Manager (right-click on each website,
and update the root of each website). You can do this programmatically by
using adsutil.vbs

Third: do the same for the FTP sites

Fourth, to move the SMTP service's folders, use the following script:
(watch for wrapping!)

cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/dropdirectory
x:\mailroot\drop
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set
smtpsvc/1/badmaildirectory x:\mailroot\badmail
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set
smtpsvc/1/pickupdirectory x:\mailroot\pickup
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/queuedirectory
x:\mailroot\queue

Change x:\mailroot to be the place you want the other folders to go into.

HTH

Cheers
Ken

"S RAMESH" <SRAMESH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi friend,
>
> I'm using Windows 2000 Advanced Server. And IIS Service enabled with SMTP,
> FTP and WWW. Some security reason I need to move Inetpub folder into
> different driver on the server..Can you please guide me to resolve my
> below
> query?,
>
> 1) What is the secure way to move the Inetpub folder into different drive?
>
> 2) Is if affected SMTP, FTP and WWW if i move the Inetpub folder in to
> different dirve ?
>
> 3) Please advice to me that protect Inetpub folder and guide me to resolve
> my query?
>
> Thank You Very Much..for your support..!

Relevant Pages

  • How to move the Inetpub folder into different drive
    ... And IIS Service enabled with SMTP, ... What is the secure way to move the Inetpub folder into different drive? ... FTP and WWW if i move the Inetpub folder in to ... my query? ...
  • How to move the Inetpub folder into different drive
    ... And IIS Service enabled with SMTP, ... What is the secure way to move the Inetpub folder into different drive? ... FTP and WWW if i move the Inetpub folder in to ... my query? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)