Re: How to move the Inetpub folder into different drive

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadopenstatic.com)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:03:43 +1000

First: create your new folder locations (this can be done by copying the
current inetpub folder to a different drive/partition) or manually creating
the necessary folders

Second: to move the websites use IIS Manager (right-click on each website,
and update the root of each website). You can do this programmatically by
using adsutil.vbs

Third: do the same for the FTP sites

Fourth, to move the SMTP service's folders, use the following script:
(watch for wrapping!)

cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/dropdirectory
x:\mailroot\drop
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set
smtpsvc/1/badmaildirectory x:\mailroot\badmail
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set
smtpsvc/1/pickupdirectory x:\mailroot\pickup
cscript.exe c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/queuedirectory
x:\mailroot\queue

Change x:\mailroot to be the place you want the other folders to go into.

HTH

Cheers
Ken