Re: Impersonate NETWORK SERVICE?

From: Wade A. Hilmo [MS] (wadeh_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 10/22/04

    Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:32:04 -0700

    Hi Ryan,

    In your configuration, you cannot get a Network Service token.

    To get a token for the Network Service account, you must be running as local
    system, and then you can call LogonUser for the Network Service account with
    no password and logon type LOGON32_LOGON_SERVICE.

    Note that this is not really an IIS question. If you would like further
    information on creating your own token for the Network Service account, you
    might try a newsgroup dedicated to Win32 security programming.

    Thank you,
    -Wade A. Hilmo,
    -Microsoft

    "Ryan Williams" <feelthebreeze@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an app pool running as a domain user but I need to make a
    > certain call in the context of NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. I've
    > tried using LogonUser() but I'm not sure if it's possible.
    >
    > Is there anyway to temporarily change from a domain account to the
    > network service account?
    >
    > Thanks

    • Re: changing asp.net identity iis6
      ... Is your domain user a member of the IIS_WPG? ... > I can't offer you help, but I can tell you I'm suffering from the same ... > I'm just trying more creative search words and found your post. ... >> Because when i reset the identity to the NETWORK SERVICE account, ...