Impersonate NETWORK SERVICE?

From: Ryan Williams (feelthebreeze_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/21/04

Date: 20 Oct 2004 18:47:59 -0700

Hi,

I have an app pool running as a domain user but I need to make a
certain call in the context of NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. I've
tried using LogonUser() but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Is there anyway to temporarily change from a domain account to the
network service account?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: changing asp.net identity iis6
    ... Is your domain user a member of the IIS_WPG? ... > I can't offer you help, but I can tell you I'm suffering from the same ... > I'm just trying more creative search words and found your post. ... >> Because when i reset the identity to the NETWORK SERVICE account, ...
  • Re: Impersonate NETWORK SERVICE?
    ... In your configuration, you cannot get a Network Service token. ... To get a token for the Network Service account, you must be running as local ... > I have an app pool running as a domain user but I need to make a ... > tried using LogonUser() but I'm not sure if it's possible. ...
  • Re: Server Error in / Application.
    ... Add domain user to the local Users Group ... Grant domain user Full Control to C:\WINNT\TEMP ... > granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ... > t context) +97 ...
  • Re: Security Problem?
    ... It is running under the context of the domain user not doamin admin ... Check in Task Manager if your Admin Console process ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Run IIS in a domain user context
    ... Anyone know what I have to change to run IIS on W2k server in a domain user ... context - I basically want to create code that can access various machines ...