Re: Multiple Identities for one site.

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 10/19/04

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:29:51 GMT

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:46:14 -0400, "Kevin Antel" <kevina@cqlcorp.com>
wrote:

>We have an application running on one website. We want to co-brand it for
>multiple names. Is it possible to put multiple SSL identities on one site?
>
>ie:
>http://www.site1.com
>http://www.site2.com
>http://www.site3.com
>
>https://secure.site1.com
>https://secure.site2.com
>https://secure.site3.com
>
>Is it safe to assume that I can do this, but I would need a unique IP for
>each site? One Web, multiple IP's multiple SSL's?

SSL needs a unique IP or port for each site. Ports are problematic
since they have to be specified on the URL, so separate IP's is the
norm.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Multiple Identities for one site.
    ... We have an application running on one website. ... We want to co-brand it for ... Is it possible to put multiple SSL identities on one site? ...
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... An I/O Completion Port makes a wonderful ... ANOTHER FIFO queue to run the OCR per request one at a ... would work multiple processes sufficed. ... OCR process, when you should be adding a multi-thread OCR ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... An I/O Completion Port makes a wonderful ... ANOTHER FIFO queue to run the OCR per request one at a ... would work multiple processes sufficed. ... OCR process, when you should be adding a multi-thread ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: How I love Time Machine :)
    ... USB and Mini USB issue. ... Not a port compatibility ... controller for multiplexing SATA drives when SATA was not meant ... for multiple HDs to be connected to one port. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... An I/O Completion Port makes a wonderful ... ANOTHER FIFO queue to run the OCR per request one at a ... assuming it will be 1 EXE per multi-core processor. ... would work multiple processes sufficed. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)