IIS IUSR_localmachinename question

From: Joshua Friedman (blah_at_null.com)
Date: 10/06/04

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:23:28 -0400

Hi Everybody,

        I am having an issue with IIS 6.0/w2k3 server.
I am being prompted for authentication even though I have setup
anonymous access properly. Does the IUSR_machinename need to have the
'Access this computer from the network' priviledge? Thanks.

Joshua

Relevant Pages

  • Re: slightly-OT: centralized user management
    ... > sort of centralized user authentication mechanism ... > have experience with a combined NIS/NFS setup for a computer lab I ... > laptop and I unplug it from the network. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Networking off domain
    ... Any suggestions on how to network off a domain? ... If you normally have a domain, you probably have DNS based name resolution. ... If you depend upon domain authentication, and you're off the domain, with no ... Setup LMHosts on each computer, defining each other computer by the fixed IP ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Is it possible, SMTP Auth stand alone ?
    ... server can be use for our employee outside my network. ... setup more than just authentication, you should also setup ssl encrypted ... A working setup can be gotten from using Yast. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Wireless Security Notes and Findings (from this list and other places)
    ... There are two general areas of wireless security: Authentication and ... authentication standard that works with wireless networks. ... client computer runs a client program to connect to the network with a ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IP address assignment problem
    ... I have a little problem and seek for ur thoughts, let's assume I'm in a very open environment where everyone can very easily try to get his/her laptop on the network and IP addresses are assigned by a DHCP server and we are in a domain environment, how do I prevent machines that are not part of our domain to be assigned an IP address? ... This approach doesn't stop your rogue clients from connecting to other clients, but merely doesn't give them the information they normally need to do so. ... Using 802.1x, your workstations authenticate through the switch to a radius server before they are allowed any connectivity. ... This authentication can use X.509 certificates, computer account credentials from AD, or whatever else you'd normally configure radius to authenticate with. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)