Re: SSL Connectivity Problem Fixed

From: Miha Pihler (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:32:56 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for you update. This is valuable information and I am sure it will
help others...

Mike

"Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had a problem trying to connect to my OWA site
> with a SSL connection. I installed my own certificate
> using MS Certificate Server (same server) and I couldn't
> connect using https. (It would work with http)
>
> Finally fixed my own problem!
>
> My antivirus software (CA eTrust Antivirus v7) prevented
> SP4a to install/reinstall properly. I found a KB article
> reporting similiar SSL errors with Norton Antivirus
> installed. I uninstalled my antivirus software,
> reinstalled the Windows 2000 SP4a and SSL connections
> started working. Then I questioned reinstalling CA's AV
> software again! I'm not a big fan of it right now!
>
> Hope this helps anyone else with a similiar problem.
> ~A

Relevant Pages

  • SSL Connectivity Problem Fixed
    ... with a SSL connection. ... using MS Certificate Server and I couldn't ... My antivirus software prevented ... SP4a to install/reinstall properly. ...
  • OWA & SSL Connectivity FIX
    ... I recently posted a problem with establishing an SSL ... My antivirus software prevented ... SP4a to install/reinstall properly. ... reporting similiar SSL connection errors with Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity)