Re: How to install SSL certificate on another web server

From: Darren Lambert (a_at_b.com)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:17:48 +0100

Many thanks for your help.
I have managed to install the certificate and get IIS to use it, your
instructions where excellent.
I havent actually tried the site yet as I am awaiting a seperate IP address
(as the site was using host headers).

""WenJun Zhang[msft]"" <v-wzhang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Darren,
>
> Double-clicking the crt will install it to your current logon
> account's certificate store. To let the cert be used by IIS, we need
> to install it in Local Computer's Personal store(IIS is running under
> system account). Please refer to the the section 5 "Install or Import
> the Certificate .cer File for the Corresponding Private Key of the
> Certificate Request" in the following following article:
>
> 329508 HOW TO: Install a Server Certificate After a Pending Request Is
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329508
>
> After importing the .crt file, double-click the new installed
> certificate and verify if you have a private key of it. If not, the
> SSL certificate will not work.
>
> Please let me know how the issue is going. I'm glad to be of help.
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
>
> WenJun Zhang
> Microsoft Online Support
> rights.

  • Re: Suppressing security dialogs when app opens
    ... "Adding the above two keys to the install makes the runtime install ... I'm not comfortable altering the security mechanism of a machine without the user's knowledge ... ... Because a digital certificate you create yourself isn't issued by a formal certification authority, ... Microsoft Office will only trust a self-signed certificate on a computer that has the private key for that certificate ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Windows Update repeats
    ... You cannot install some updates or programs ... to a Windows component, install a service pack for Windows or for a Windows ... The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with ... Publishers certificate store. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: ?Expired Security Certif for MS Update
    ... MBSA should run fine on a new install. ... faith in the downloads I have, that used the expired certificate to get ... At the risk of sounding like an alien abductee, this security invasion ... Microsoft and signed by a CA that your computer trusts I would not worry ...
  • How to migrate my VeriSign SSL certificate from IIS 4 to IIS 5
    ... We've got a Verisign SSL certificate installed on our MS IIS 4 server. ... we install the current SSL certificate on the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)